This blog is dedicated to my Zazzle shop, Pam's Designs and my Squidoo lenses,
Best Business Cards Online and Best Wedding Invitations

In this blog, I will go over my experiences in creating my Zazzle store and my Squidoo Lenses.
I will also post some of my favourite design pieces.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Stylish Calling Cards - Grunge Overlay - How to make it

Here is a fun design.  I love the grunge effect.  It's stylish and modern and I love the randomness of it.

Here are a couple of examples some grunge style calling/business cards.black and white - grunge - calling card- business cardpurple - business card - monogram - grungegrunge business card - monogram - business card - black and whiteteal - turquoise - business card - calling card - small business card - grungeSo, how do you make a cool grunge effect?

First, you need a texture to draw from.  You can make your own by taking a picture of something with texture, such as a rock and importing it into a photo editing program, such as GIMP, which is free and extremely powerful.

Next, use the select by colour tool .
Choose a texturous part of your image and click.  If you are getting too much or too little selected, simply adjust the threshold accordingly.




.  Once you have selected the portion of the texture that you want, copy the selection (ctrl+c), open a new layer (the white button on the bottom left) and paste your selection on the copy (ctrl+p).  Then, click on the eye beside the original image to make it disappear.  To make your selection grayscale, click on colours, then desaturate.  You can also give your grunge layer a bit of transparency, so it blends into your background better (in the layers dialogue, make sure the grunge layer is selected, then move the opacity arrow to the left).

No comments:

Post a Comment